Monday, May 2, 2011

MONDAY MAN CANDY: Game of Thrones


Just watched the first two episodes of HBO's Game of Thrones and I am hooked. I haven't read the books they are based on, but it seems I have a soft spot for medieval/fantasy thanks to LOTR.  I also see Starz in the US has a rendering of Camelot on right now. I will be checking that out as well.

Above is Sean Bean. I love this guy, have for years, and I usually don't go for blonds. Granted, he is looking every inch his 52 years, but he is still damned sexy and can wield a huge honking sword. Playing Ned Stark, the patriarch of the Starks of Winterfell.


Speaking of blonds, this guy appeals. He looks like Denis Leary's cousin. He is actually a Danish actor
named Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He plays Jaime Lannister. Yow. Bad boy in spades.


 Above is a young cutie, Kit Harington playing Ned Starks's illegitimate son, Jon Snow.  Should make the young hearts twitter, Okay, this old one too. Why not?


All right, I confess, this is the guy that had my jaw dropping. Jason Momoa playing the barbarian leader Khal. A man of few words. Tall, built and just they way I like it. Raw and sexy, LOL! He is part Hawaiian, and will be playing Conan the Barbarian in an upcoming movie, Perfect casting. Apparently he was also in Baywatch and Stargate Atlantis, I never watched those. Below is Jason in his Khal get up.


Lord almighty. He certainly has a presence. And I am an unabashed admirer of guys that are built. 6'4 of tightly packed muscle. Meh. It's a hobby.



This has already been renewed for a second season (!) so more to come. Someone on twitter who read the books told me not to get to attached to any of the characters, Oh oh. This looks great, and not just the man candy above, but a lush, stark look and great acting. With a compelling story. What more can you ask for?  Also this is HBO, so lots of violence, sex etc.

Recommend!

2 comments:

Linda Young said...

Wow!! Now I see what I am missing not having HBO. I can't wait for it to be out on DVD so I can watch on netflix. Awesome!

Patricia Preston said...

I am hoping this comes to Amazon On Demand soon. I would love to see it. Love Sean.