Saturday, August 4, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception

Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception by Christine Merrill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Is it just me, or has Harlequin Historical kicked up the 'heat' notch a bit? I'm not complaining, in fact, the extra sizzle I have been reading lately really adds to the stories. As it does here. I enjoyed Christine's Merrill's book. Yes, the heroine snares the hero in a 'deception', but it works. At heart, she is a caring, compassionate woman, and very capable, despite her deception. Also loved Folbroke with his failing vision. He's damaged, cynical but also very passionate and it turns out, decent. Well-crafted with believable emotions and love scenes, I heartily recommend this story, and book 2 in this series~ which follows secondary character Captain John Hendricks, Folbroke's personal secretary, in: Lady Drusilla's Road to Ruin.

View all my reviews

No comments: