Sunday, December 2, 2012

REVIEW: Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath

Lord of Temptation (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2)Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 out of 5~ rounded up to 5

I have a very short list of auto buy authors, and Lorraine Heath is on the list. I love the set-up for this trilogy, the lost lords of Pembroke. Sebastian and Tristan twins at 14, and younger brother Rafe, 10, had to flee for their lives from their uncle. Sebastian went into the army, Tristan went to sea, and Rafe was left at a workhouse. Rafe's story is next, and he may be the most damaged of the three.

However, this story is about Tristan. I adore those old movies where the heroine finds herself for whatever reason on a captain's ship. Think Errol Flynn in The Sea Hawk and Gregory Peck in Captain Horatio Hornblower. Mix them together and you have Tristan, who goes by the name, Captain Crimson Jack. (Or heck, Errol Flynn as Captain Blood!)

Lady Anne Hayworth has a very good reason for seeking out Captain Jack, and when they are together on his ship, the sparks fly! The characters are deeply rich and multi-layered, and I liked Anne stood up to Tristan. The heat between them was sizzling, the love scenes not only erotic but emotional. Just the way I like it.
I thought the ending was perhaps dragged out a bit, but the characters were so delightful and the emotions so well done, its a minor issue to me. I stayed up until 2 AM to finish this the other night. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: