Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Review: Master of Seduction by Kinley MacGregor

Master of Seduction (Sea Wolves, #1)Master of Seduction by Kinley MacGregor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 out of 5 rounded up to 5

This thirteen year old historical from Kinley MacGregor (actually Sherilyn Kenyon) was a very enjoyable read. I have said before I am a sucker for the "pirate/heroine on board ship" romances, and this story filled the bill. With this type of story, you need a solid, alpha, sexy hero and Black Jack Rhys is all that and more. Anyone looking for swashbuckling adventure may be disappointed, as most of the interaction is between the H/H is below decks, which was fine with me!

Lorelei was an adequate enough heroine, she certainly stood up to Jack. Engaged to a man who does not stir any passion in her, once she gets below decks with Jack, she learns what passion is all about. Jack has surprising depths and his background makes for a tortured hero. I agree with others the ending could have been better handled, but it did not take away from my enjoyable read. I was entertained and the characters engaged me. I don't ask much from a romance read, but those two points are of paramount importance to me.

I am of the mind a person either likes this particular 'pirate/pseudo-hostage' trope, or they don't. I do. And I certainly recommend this book to those who like it as well. Sexy, handsome pirate hero who underneath shows surprising compassion...and passion. A very, very good read.

View all my reviews

No comments: