Thursday, March 14, 2013

COVER ART REVEAL BOOK SPOTLIGHT~ The Wicked Bad


Wonderful cover, is it not? Releasing April 15th 2013

THE WICKED BAD is my first mainstream, category romance. It also my first novel-length venture. Seeing I generally write erotic romance, this story will be released under Crimson's Spicy line. Its M/F and a contemporary.  Approx 55,000 words.

This is one of the first manuscripts I wrote four years ago. It had a couple of rejections and a lot of edits. I was ready to give up on this, but the hubs wouldn't let me. He cheered me on, pointing out the rejections didn't dislike the story, just said it didn't fit their pub. Naturally, since I am in Eeyore mode when it comes to my writing, I was skeptical.

I noticed Crimson Romance when they launched in June 2012, and watched their progress. They are affiliated with F + W Media/Adams Media, the people who put out Writer's Digest among other things.
I read the interviews on-line from Jennifer Lawler, Imprint Manager. I liked what she had to say. One thing caught my attention: With us, you never have to worry if we choose between paying our authors or paying the power bill.

How refreshing, considering what I just went through with one pub who chose to divert money anywhere but to the authors.

I cracked my knuckles, dusted the virtual dust-bunnies off the MS, sat down and gave it a thorough edit, slashing out about 4000 words and restructuring the beginning. I noticed Crimson was having a twitter pitch, so I thought, what harm could it do? I sent a tweet, they asked to see the MS. A few weeks later, the offer of a contract arrived in the inbox.

Here is the BLURB:

Nick Crocetti is an imposing figure in black leather riding his motorcycle about the town of Rockland. Owner of a bar, The Chief, whispers of criminal dealings and a murky past swirl around him. Dark and brooding, Nick is ‘the wicked bad’ in looks and demeanor. 


Veronica Barnes leaving a husband from a disastrously quick Las Vegas marriage and her high-paying consulting job returns home after ten years to follow a life-long dream and open her own bakery.  Nick attends her opening day and unrequited feelings from high school are revealed. 


Despite the mutual physical attraction, Nick and Veronica are wary of each other and have protective fences around their hearts. Can they break down the barriers of past heartbreak, or is Veronica just a good girl who longs to rub against 'the wicked bad'?

 

No comments: