Saturday, November 9, 2013

BOOK SPOTLIGHT: Song Without Words by Juli Page Morgan #Contemporary #Suspense #Rockstar


Buy Links: AMAZON
Contemporary/Suspense/Rock Star 

Song Without Words By Juli Page Morgan

BLURB:

Top jock Spencer Moretti owns the New Orleans Rock radio airwaves. A veteran of countless band interviews at the age of 22, she’s ready for her own world-wide syndicated program. All she needs is one big break, and she finds it during a chance meeting with Geoff Lane, former guitarist for the legendary UK band Axis.

When Spencer discovers that Geoff has a secret music project in the works, one that’s sure to reignite his career, she ropes him into an exclusive interview, determined to snag the juicy details. Intrigued by the lovely disc jockey’s feisty nature and her spitfire temper, Geoff is determined to snag something too - Spencer!

Spencer and Geoff make sweet music together until death strikes their circle of friends. As the body count mounts, it’s clear that someone will go to any lengths to stop them cold. Can they keep a killer from destroying all they have, or will their love song become a murder ballad?

EXCERPT: 


Still smiling, Geoff pushed his cup aside. “I’ve been out in California for the past month or so working with Xander on new music. It’s the first time we’ve worked together in, what? Almost five years?”

Spencer nodded, breathless. She’d gotten the scoop she wanted during the interview, but this was different, a glimpse into Geoff’s personal thoughts. Her heart pounded with excitement even though she’d never in a million years publicize what he was telling her without his permission.

“I should be excited about it. I am excited, but…” He turned his cup in a lazy circle on the table. “But there have been times when I’ve been working out a solo, or wondering whether or not a tune needs background vocals, and I get distracted by flashes of that night in New Orleans. I see you with your hair mussed and falling into your face, and the way you were looking at me with those blue eyes.”

Spencer froze in shock as heat flashed into her cheeks. It was the last thing she’d expected him to say, and she could only sit there staring at his lowered head.

“Like I told you,” he continued in the same soft, measured voice. “I don’t remember a lot about that night. But I remember that, and I remember the feel of your hand on me.” Ignoring her gasp, he shook his head. “Unfortunately, another memory is stronger than those, and that’s the way you looked when you left.” He raised his head and pinned her with his amber gaze. “What did I do to you, Spencer?”

When she tried to reply, nothing came out. Cursing the flames in her cheeks, she cleared her throat. “You didn’t do anything. Don’t worry about it; it’s done.”

“Something made you look like that, angry and hurt.” His gaze held hers, and she couldn’t look away. “If I didn’t do anything, it must have been something I said. Tell me.”

The command brooked no resistance, and Spencer swallowed. “You said…” She lowered her voice to prevent eavesdropping. “I can’t remember what all you said, but you weren’t happy I was a virgin, and you kicked me out.” Memories of the way she’d felt that night brought her courage roaring back, and she lifted her chin in defiance. “I got over it.”

“Did you?” Geoff leaned forward, his face inches from hers. “I evidently didn’t. And I’d very much like to finish what we started.”

“I…” Spencer tried to say no, but her body was overriding any logical, sane thoughts her brain tried to interject. The minute she’d felt his warm breath wash over her face as he spoke, her thighs had started to quiver in anticipation. Damn him for bringing it up, especially for the little reminder about how she’d had her hand on him, felt him hard and hot and throbbing and…Her hand curled into a fist as she remembered the touch of his flesh.

“You want me, too, Spencer,” he almost whispered. “You remember more than I do, don’t you? Did I touch you? Were my hands on those tempting breasts? Did I kiss them?” A smile so full of seduction it should have been declared illegal curved his mouth. “Is your hand clenched because you remember how it felt to have it down the front of my pants?”

Too late Spencer flattened her hand on the table. God, if he would just shut up! She couldn’t breathe, couldn’t move, couldn’t resist. “I can’t just…I have to go home, I have a cat and she needs to be fed.”
“And you need to get some clothes because you don’t want to go to work tomorrow wearing the same thing you wore today, do you?” That smile grew even more wanton. “I’ll come with you to feed your cat, and then you come with me. I want to make love to you all night, to show you just what you’ve been missing.” He slid his hand across the table and touched the tips of her fingers with his.

A sizzle of pure animal lust seemed to pass from his skin to hers, and Spencer jerked her hand away. She tried to hold on to the hurt and anger she’d carried around since he kicked her out of the penthouse suite, but it was burned away as that sizzle raced along every nerve, traveled through her bloodstream, and came to rest between her legs.

“My cat needs to be fed,” she almost whispered in one last, desperate attempt to save herself. But when she finally gathered the courage to look into his eyes again, she detected the slightest bit of … was it uncertainty? Worry that she’d turn him down? 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, was he disappointed?

In that moment, the lust infusing her bloodstream was joined by the bliss of realizing he really wanted her. Her, Spencer Moretti, virgin. This beautiful man had flown across the country because he couldn’t stop thinking about her, and the expression in his eyes when he thought she didn’t want him spoke volumes; it wasn’t a pity fuck he was after, nor was it a case of adding another notch to his already elaborately carved bedpost. He desired her.

The last vestiges of hurt and anger fled, and she lifted her chin. “Wanna go with me to feed her first?”

Something hot, wild and primal flashed in his eyes at her words and he stood to offer her his hand. “I’d love to. And then?”

Spencer shivered as his warm fingers laced with hers. “As long as you’re not in the penthouse at the Monteleone.”



Juli Page Morgan is a former rock ‘n roll radio announcer who had the great luck to meet and interview lots of bands over the years. During those interviews she heard some interesting stories, but it was when the microphone was turned off and they were just hanging out that she heard - and saw - the really juicy stuff! Incorporating these revelations in her books (with names and locations changed to protect the innocent, and often the not-so-innocent!) lets her take her readers on a hard rocking journey full of love, music and happy endings while giving a “backstage peek” at some of the things that really happened.  Her Romances that Rock™ include Crimson and Clover, Athena’s Daughter, and Song Without Words.
 
Juli lives in Arkansas with her husband. When she’s not writing, she’s recording voiceovers for television commercials, remodeling her old house,  and trying to convince her husband the world won’t come to an end if the television is turned off.  She also listens to a lot of music at maximum volume and has never met a speed limit she didn't exceed.  Juli’s an unapologetic lover of rock ‘n roll, Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, and French onion dip, not necessarily in that order.

 Find Juli at FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Also check out her website HERE


No comments: