Thursday, September 11, 2014

BOOK SPOTLIGHT: Deflowering Daisy by Kathryn Kane #Historical #Regency #EroticRomance



DEFLOWERING DAISY BY KATHRYN KANE

  • File Size: 528 KB
  • Print Length: 242 pages
  • Publisher: Jupiter Gardens Ignite (July 10, 2014)

Deflowering Daisy Blurb

“She cannot remain a virgin!”


For so she was, after nearly a decade of marriage. When she was sixteen, Daisy had willingly, happily, married a man more than fifty years her senior, to escape a forced marriage to a man she abhorred. Though Sir Arthur Hammond had been a wild rake in his youth, he was so deeply in love with his late, beloved first wife that he never considered consummating his second marriage, certainly not with a woman he considered a daughter. But now, knowing he was dying and that he would be leaving sweet, innocent Daisy ignorant of the physical intimacies which could be enjoyed between a man and a woman, he felt that it was imperative she be given the knowledge which would prepare her for the life of a wealthy widow. Armed with the knowledge of physical intimacy, she would be much better prepared to deal with any fortune hunter who might try to seduce her into marriage for her money. And who better to initiate Daisy into the pleasures of the bedchamber than his godson. David had become nearly a recluse since a tragedy which occurred while he was serving the Crown against the forces of Napoleon Bonaparte. Prior to that, his skill as a tender and considerate lover had been bruited about in certain circles. Therefore, Sir Arthur believed that David was just the man to introduce Daisy to physical pleasure. And what might spending time with true and gentle Daisy do for David?

EXCERPT:

"She cannot remain a virgin!"
"You want me to rape your wife?" David Everard rose from his chair, shocked to his core. Sir Arthur Hammond, a man whom he had admired and respected all his life, his godfather and the man he loved as dearly as a father, was asking him to deflower his wife.
"No!" exclaimed Sir Arthur. "No, of course not. She is as dear to me as a daughter."
"And yet, in six weeks’ time, you propose to give this young lady into my keeping for the express purpose that I violate her person and take her virginity. A young lady, I might add, whom I have never met, a young lady to whom I will be a complete stranger." His eyes narrowed as he fixed his godfather with the same withering stare which had broken more than one enemy agent under intense interrogation. "She does not know who I am?"
"No, I am sorry to say, she does not," the older man responded with equanimity, and a note of sadness. Sir Arthur met his gaze without flinching. "I have not spoken of you, David, to anyone, even George, from the day I gave you my word I would not. I keep my promises, young man!"
"Yes, sir, I know. It gave me hope you would be safe."
"I made that promise to you only because you asked it of me. I was never afraid."
"But I was," he admitted. "It was necessary that everyone believed my friends and family had cast me off. I did not want to take the chance anyone might think they could get to me through you or George. I wanted the world to think I was nothing to you, nor you to me. I had to know you were both safe in order to do what I had to, for England."
"And you have, my boy," Sir Arthur said. "But the war is over now and Boney is put away for good, in no small part thanks to you, I am sure."
"Don't try to make me into a hero, Arthur," he said. "I am nothing of the sort."
"Hrrmph! I will never think you anything else, no matter what you say," came the staunch rejoinder.
Though he did not reply, deep in his soul, David felt again a wave of infinite gratitude for his godfather's unconditional loyalty to him. Without it, he was not sure he would have been able to endure these past few months as the social exile he had become since that day on Beachy Head.
"You have spent most of this past decade risking life and limb here and on the Continent, to protect England. Have you not the courage to spend one week to protect a kind and gentle young lady and a host of orphans?"
"Protect her by taking her to bed? If she is as you say, I am sure you can find any number of men willing to bed her"
"There is no one else I can turn to, no one else I can trust. You are like a son to me."
"So, now you are advocating incest?" David asked, his voice thick with sarcasm. "You want a man you consider a son to violate the woman you consider a daughter?" Was it possible for this to get any more repugnant, he wondered to himself.
"God's teeth, David!" the older man shot back. "You bloody well know that is not what I am asking. Or why." He took a long, slow, deep breath. "You have a reputation for having a way with women. It is said you give your bedmates pleasure equal to what you take, that you are a kind and considerate lover. That is what I want for Daisy. She is a complete innocent. She should be initiated tenderly, gently, by a man who will appreciate her quality."
"Then find a man of quality to initiate her, not some spawn of hell unfit to associate with civilized people." David walked the few paces to the fireplace as his bitter words fell into silence. When Sir Arthur did not speak, he turned. "I have not touched a woman in nearly a year and I have never taken a virgin,” he admitted. “I am the last man of whom you should ask this."
"You are the only man I can ask, David," the older man replied. "Despite your words, I know you to be the most decent and honorable man of my acquaintance. And Daisy is a very special girl, a loyal and generous soul whose sweet spirit should not be crushed by a cold-hearted bedding. I know you would never do that to her."
"She is your wife. You can do the deed yourself," David reminded him.

"No, my boy," Sir Arthur said on a sigh. "Even if I were not much too old for her, there was only ever Millie for me. From the day I met her I never wanted another woman. Even though she is more than eleven years gone, there will never be anyone else."
"Then encourage her to take a lover," David suggested, trying to keep the desperation from his voice.


Kathryn Kane Links


Web Site:  http://kathrynkane.net/

Blogs
The Regency Redingote: http://regencyredingote.wordpress.com/
Kathryn Kane — Romance http://kathrynkaneromance.wordpress.com/


Buy Links for Deflowering Daisy

Jupiter Gardens Press: http://jupitergardenspress.com/shop/deflowering-daisy/

Barnes & Noble Books:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/deflowering-daisy-kathryn-kane/1119940841?ean=2940149735174

Amazon Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/Deflowering-Daisy-Kathryn-Kane-ebook/dp/B00LPOAA78



 Kathryn Kane Bio

Kathryn Kane is a historian and former museum curator who has enjoyed Regency romances since she first discovered them in her teens. She credits the novels of Georgette Heyer with influencing her choice of college curriculum, and she now takes advantage of her knowledge of history to write her own stories of romance in the Regency. Though she now has a career in the tech industry, she has never lost her love of the period and continues to enjoy reading Regency novels and researching her favorite period of English history.

No comments: