Tuesday, February 12, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1)Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars of out 5~rounded up to 5 stars

I adored this book! Who wouldn't want a Greek god to leap from the pages of a magical book to be your love-slave for a month? This book has surprising depth and multi-layered and fascinating characters. Julian's back story is tragic and heartbreaking and his journey, thanks to the heroine, to feeling again made for a riveting read. Since this book is 11 years old, some pop culture references are already out dated, like Palm Pilot, Dr. Ruth and Brendan Fraser to name a few, but it did not detract from the read. The heroine, Grace, is rather ordinary looking, but kudos for her for seeing beyond the outer shell, and yay for Julian for doing the same!

Yes, I agree with others there were repetitive elements and the POV at times could be jarring. A few people also complained this is unrealistic. Um, this is a romance novel? The word "fantasy" is right in the title? When I read a romance, I am not looking for 'real-life'. Just go with it! I enjoyed the ride immensely~

NOTE: I have a few more titles from this series I also picked up at a second hand store, so going to give them a whirl.

View all my reviews

No comments: