Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review: Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15)Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, this wasn't an easy read. Not just the size (I have the hard cover, try reading that in bed)
The horrid abuse Acheron was subjected to was relentless and a bit too much. Thankfully, this is not a trigger issue for me, but it maybe for some who have suffered sexual and/or physical/verbal abuse.

However, it explained so much about his character. With such a tragic and heart-wrenching background, no wonder the man is damaged. I wished the present day plot had been expanded on a little more, I would have preferred a little more development between Acheron and Tory. But this was a dense, emotional, at times disturbing and fascinating read.

It lands somewhere between 4.25-4.50 stars for me. Can this be read on its own? Yes, seeing I have only read a couple of books in this series before this one, I got the gist what was going on. I hear Styxx is releasing this summer, I will definitely add that to my TBR! Definitely recommend this paranormal/fantasy read!

View all my reviews

No comments: