Sunday, June 29, 2014

BOOK SPOTLIGHT: Hell's KItty by Eve Langlais @EveLanglais #paranormal #shifter #erotic

Hell’s Kitty by Eve Langlais (Welcome to Hell, #4)

Good thing this Hellcat has nine lives because he’s going to need them if he’s going to survive Lucifer’s latest scheme and land on his four furry feet.

United StatesBarnes and NobleKobo
AustraliaAppleGoogle
United KingdomGermanyAllromance.com
FranceSpainBookstrand
ItalyCanadaSmashwords, Worldwide
Genre: Paranormal/Demon/Siren/Mermaid/Shifter Humorous Romance
Bad kitty. Hot kitty. Hell’s Kitty is on a mission for the devil, but he’s never too busy for seduction.

Okay, so Felipe ate a few of the Styx sea creatures. In his defense, they were awfully tasty. Depleting the monster reservoir didn’t mean Lucifer had to go all Lord of Hell on him and order him to go on a stupid mission. And to Siren Isle of all places! Everyone knows males should stay far, far away from that dangerous place. The only stroke of luck is the woman he’s after isn’t a siren. Nor is she quite a mermaid. As a matter of fact, Jenny isn’t like anyone he’s ever met—so, of course, this curious cat wants her.
Except he’s not the only one.
Not long after his arrival, he runs into problems, which he’s only too happy to solve in a permanent and violent fashion. Getting Jenny off the island and back to Hell’s inner circle is proving more troublesome than expected, though. Who knew a simple retrieval mission would signal the start of a dangerous—yet exhilarating—adventure, and despite his tomcat ways, this purring feline can’t help but fall in love.
The Welcome to Hell series (Can be read as stand alones, but to fully enjoy Lucifer and his ongoing matchmaking attempts, I’d suggest you read them in the following order):
Excerpt:
The girl certainly has lungs. Felipe didn’t quite wince, but it was close, especially since she uttered the shrill scream just inches from his ears.
“I guess I should excuse myself for startling you.” A polite apology, something Lucifer would hate, but Felipe had learned over the years the value of a strategic excuse, especially where women were concerned.
“What did you do to my aunt?” she demanded, her voice a low, sultry buzz that, while not on the same songbird pleasant level of the woman who met him by the dock, actually made his inner kitty want to purr.
“Do you mean the blonde who came to greet me and the boatman?”
“Yes, her. What did you do to her?” she asked, a tiny line forming between her brows.
“Nothing. I just asked her if she could point me in the direction of one Jenny of the isle, and she told me to look up here.”
“She did?” The girl blinked in surprise and moved away from the edge to sit on her haunches, her gown puddled in a heap around her.
Felipe used her momentary distraction to vault himself over the edge. The precarious stairs cut into the rock were more suited to a mountain goat or his hellcat shape than a man—no matter how nimbly the blonde siren skipped down them.
On even ground, he perused the chit before him. Unlike the voluptuous blonde siren who met him, this girl was … different. For one, her hair was a striated green color, ranging from a deep almost black green to a pale almost blonde. It hung in rumpled waves around her head and gave her the appearance of having just rolled out of bed—after a lively night of lovemaking. Meow.
Her skin was pale and almost pearl-like in its luminosity while her lips were the pink of rose petals. As for her eyes, they were the dark blue of a stormy sea and fixed on him with curiosity and suspicion.
He couldn’t tell much about her shape other than she seemed to possess an impressive set of tits, the kind a man could bury his face in and blow satisfying raspberries. Overall, she was cute, and his inner kitty urged him to get closer, maybe rub against her and…
“What manner of ear protection are you wearing? I can’t see it.”
“I’m not wearing any.” Because he’d learned by accident some time ago that the sirens’ songs didn’t affect him. Something he’d not mentioned to Lucifer when trying to back out of the mission, but which he suspected the Dark Lord already knew.
“You’re not? And you can hear me?”
What an odd question. “Of course I can. Would we be having this conversation otherwise?”
“And you’re sane?”
He couldn’t help but chuckle. “I guess that depends on who you ask.”
“I mean, you don’t feel an urge to throw yourself off the cliff? Claw out your own eyes? Choke yourself? Jab needles in your ears?”
As her list went on and one, his eyes widened until with her, “Have an urge to eat brains?”, he halted her. “Slow down, sweetheart. If you’re asking if I have any suicidal, homicidal, or cannibalistic desires currently on my mind, then the answer is no.”
She seemed even more flummoxed than before. “Not even one? You feel nothing?”
“Well, if you’re asking how I feel, then I am a tad hungry. The culinary skills of the boatman left much to be desired. And maybe a touch tired.” The sunlight called to his kitty to find a warm patch and curl up for a nap. He also didn’t mention the slightly horny state he found himself in. That wasn’t something any male blurted aloud unless drunk or in the company of nymphs. And even then, a male should be careful.
Arousal around any group of nymphs was akin to throwing a slab of steak to a hellhound after a day spent on patrol. You were likely to get devoured. You just might not survive it.
“This is incredible,” she mumbled.
If she was talking about him, then yes, he’d have to agree. He would even love to show her. He bet her hair would look lovely fanned across a pillow with her skirts hiked high around those creamy, surely plump thighs of hers. Incredible wouldn’t be the only word she’d use to describe him once he was done pleasuring her.
Slow down, kitty. Curtailing that line of thought, he brought himself back to the mission at hand. “As I said before, I’m looking for someone. A girl named Jenny. Do you know her?”
“Yes. Very well you could say.” The pink lips curved.
His cock swelled and urged him to get closer, as in between her legs, skin-to-skin closer. Down, boy. Answers first, then seduction. “Is she nearby?”
“Closer than you’d expect.” The girl leaned forward and stared at him. “You really aren’t affected, are you?”
By her presence? Oddly enough yes. But he wasn’t about to admit it. “No. Now, if you don’t mind, much as I’m enjoying our conversation, I really need to find this Jenny person.”
“What for?”
He bit back a sigh. “Because I need to talk to her.”
“About?”
It might have taken him longer than it should have, but Felipe finally clued in. “You’re Jenny, aren’t you?”
“Maybe.”
“Don’t maybe me. Are you or aren’t you?”
“I am. So now that you know, will you answer why you want me?”
I want you because you’ve got incredible lips, fascinating hair, and a mouth that really needs a set of lips, my lips actually, to stop the never-ending questions. He instead settled on, “I’m supposed to bring you back to the inner circle of Hell to meet with Lucifer.”
He expected a few reactions—an adamant no, maybe more questions, possibly even tears begging him not to take her. What he got was laughter, a laughter that vibrated every one of his nerves, a laughter that had his inner feline rolling onto its back in ecstasy, purring, and an urge to drop to his knees and kiss the perfect, chuckling lips.
I’m bewitched!
* * * * *
Content Editor: Devin Govaere
Copy/Line Editor:Amanda L. Pederick
Bio: Hello, my name is Eve, a Canadian mom who works full time as an author. In between juggling my three kids, hubby, and housework, I pen steamy romance--usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens lol. I love to write, and while I don't always know what my mind is going to come up with next, I can promise it will be fun, probably humorous and most of all romantic, because I love a HEA.

Thanks so much for coming by and checking me out. If you'd like to know more, read some excerpts or find out what's coming next, then please visit me at http://www.EveLanglais.com
Or sign up for my new release email list at

Happy reading!

No comments: